Re: migrating to 9.2 created blank dbs

От Marc Fromm
Тема Re: migrating to 9.2 created blank dbs
Дата
Список pgsql-admin

I successfully did the pg_dumpall from the 9.2 server (separate box) of the 8.1 server. After restoring the dumped file the blank entries remain.

Marc

From: Keith [mailto:keith@keithf4.com]
Sent: Monday, May 04, 2015 8:18 AM
To: Marc Fromm
Cc: Raghavendra; Keith Fiske; pgsql-admin@postgresql.org
Subject: Re: [ADMIN] migrating to 9.2 created blank dbs

Going by your package name, I'm assuming you're running Red Hat or CentOS. Running both 8.1 and 9.2 at the same time on that OS could be a bit tricky and this isn't really the proper medium for discussing how to do so.

What you could do is copy the 9.2 pg_dumpall binary from the machine you have it installed on now and put it on the other machine. As long as they're the same OS/architecture that should work fine. The other option is to open up a network connection between the two systems and allow pg_dumpall from the 9.2 system to connect to 8.1 on the old system.