PostgreSQL, change encoding preserving data

От info@denisgottardello.it
Тема PostgreSQL, change encoding preserving data
Дата
Re: PostgreSQL, change encoding preserving data  (Laurenz Albe <laurenz.albe@cybertec.at>)
Список pgsql-admin

Hi, my database is setup with encoding= win1252. In order to go to utf8 I run the followed query:

update pg_database set encoding= pg_char_to_encoding('utf8') where datname= 'Handyman'

The problem is that, the database has already got data with special characters such as "àòèé". After having executed the query to change the encoding to utf8, I can't read the special caracters.
Is there a way to change the encoding and to migtrate the data?

Best regards.

+39.347.4070897

http://www.labcsp.com

http://www.denisgottardello.it