Re: PostgreSQL, change encoding preserving data

От Holger Jakobs
Тема Re: PostgreSQL, change encoding preserving data
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Am 23.02.23 um 14:00 schrieb info@denisgottardello.it:

Hi, my database is setup with encoding= win1252. In order to go to utf8 I run the followed query:

update pg_database set encoding= pg_char_to_encoding('utf8') where datname= 'Handyman'

The problem is that, the database has already got data with special characters such as "àòèé". After having executed the query to change the encoding to utf8, I can't read the special caracters.
Is there a way to change the encoding and to migtrate the data?

Best regards.

+39.347.4070897

http://www.labcsp.com

http://www.denisgottardello.it

GMT+1

Skype: mrdebug

This might help: https://www.shubhamdipt.com/blog/how-to-change-postgresql-database-encoding-to-utf8/

Kind Regards,

Holger

--
Holger Jakobs, Bergisch Gladbach, Tel. +49-178-9759012
Вложения