Re: Some thoughts about i/o priorities and throttling vacuum

От Stephen
Тема Re: Some thoughts about i/o priorities and throttling vacuum
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
I think adding tunable delay per-page loop into VACUUM will help keep system
responsive at all times. In many cases, especially for mostly read-only
tables, plain VACUUM does not need to complete immediately (VACUUM FULL
should complete immediately). I prefer that VACUUM takes its sweet time to
run as long as it doesn't disrupt other queries. See my other post on
"VACUUM degrades performance significantly. Database becomes unusable!" on
pgsql-general mailing list.

Regards,

Stephen