Re: Dreaming About Redesigning SQL

От genew@mail.ocis.net (Gene Wirchenko)
Тема Re: Dreaming About Redesigning SQL
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
seunosewa@inaira.com (Seun Osewa) wrote:

[snip]

>Sometimes I wonder why its so important to model data in the "rela-
>tional way", to think of data in form of sets of tuples rather than
>tables or lists or whatever.  I mean, though its elegant and based
>on mathematical principles I would like to know why its the _right_
>model to follow in designing a DBMS (or database).  The way my mind
>sees it, should we not rather be interested in what works?
    How do you know it works?  Without the theory and model, you
really do not.

Sincerely,

Gene Wirchenko

Computerese Irregular Verb Conjugation:    I have preferences.    You have biases.    He/She has prejudices.

От: Christopher Browne
Сообщение: Re: Database Kernels and O_DIRECT
От: "Stephen"
Сообщение: Re: Some thoughts about i/o priorities and throttling vacuum