Re: [HACKERS] 6.3.2. patch for functional indices

От Maarten Boekhold
Тема Re: [HACKERS] 6.3.2. patch for functional indices
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, 11 Aug 1998, The Hermit Hacker wrote:

> On Tue, 11 Aug 1998, Maarten Boekhold wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > I tried to apply the patch that Vadim posted about a week ago to make use
> > of functional indices, however, it didn't apply (dunno why, I have a
> > vanilla 6.3.2 source-tree here).
>
>     Unless I'm wrong (which is always a possibility), the fact that
> you have a vanilla 6.3.2 tree is the problem.  Most, if not all, of the
> v6.3.2 patches that have been produced have been cumulative...you need to
> apply all the previous ones released before...

I grabbed all patches from ftr.postgresql.org/pub/patches and applied them
(it's kinda confusing, some have to be applied *in* the src/ directory,
others *outside* the src dir). After this, I wasstill unable to
apply that patch from vadim.

I applied these patches:

-rw-r--r--   1 postgres  wheel   5820 Aug 12 07:02 btree_adj-980730
-rw-r--r--   1 postgres  wheel  43208 Aug 12 07:02 configure-980430
-rw-r--r--   1 postgres  wheel  39675 Aug 12 07:02 linux_elf.patch-980421

The linux one isn't important for me, but I thought what the heck I'll do
it anyways.

Maarten

| TU Delft, The Netherlands, Faculty of Information Technology and Systems  |
|                   Department of Electrical Engineering                    |
|           Computer Architecture and Digital Technique section             |
|                          M.Boekhold@et.tudelft.nl                         |