Re: [HACKERS] [Fwd: [ANNOUNCE] ipaddr data type - EXTENDED VERSION HERE]

От Alex P. Rudnev
Тема Re: [HACKERS] [Fwd: [ANNOUNCE] ipaddr data type - EXTENDED VERSION HERE]
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

> Alex: maybe we can sort this out and put together a "final" version
> that combines the best ideas?  There's a whole unused byte in the data
> structure right now, that could be put to use...
Yes, I can. First, there was some (small) mistakes in those version I
published fist, they are fixed now. Then, we have some experience of
using this class -because our work over IP data base is in progress.

I'll be out since 23 July, unfortunately, and have not time before this
date; but when I'll come bach from my vacation (approx. 12 August) I can
do this work.

But how to collect different opinions about IPADDR class?
I was not subscribed to Postgres mail lists (because postgres is treated
by me as THE TOOL, not the SUBJECT OF MY WORK.

 ----------
And then, may be some additional result of this work will be 'OBJECT'
and 'OBJECT EDITOR' conception - something like RIPE DBA objects, but
based at SQL tables, with WWW and PERL interface. Exactly, it's simple
SQL classes with some small restrictions (the table name and the key
attribute name should be the same, there is 2 - level references, etc
etc), and if it's usefull I can public this tools too (our interes is in
the whole IP routing/monitoring system, and some parts of this system
should have FRee status because we are ISP, not soft. development
company).

> -tih
> --
> Popularity is the hallmark of mediocrity.  --Niles Crane, "Frasier"

Aleksei Roudnev, Network Operations Center, Relcom, Moscow
(+7 095) 194-19-95 (Network Operations Center Hot Line),(+7 095) 239-10-10, N 13729 (pager)
(+7 095) 196-72-12 (Support), (+7 095) 194-33-28 (Fax)

От: Bruce Momjian
Сообщение: Removal of recipe/tioga/Tee node
От: "Alex P. Rudnev"
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] [Fwd: [ANNOUNCE] ipaddr data type - EXTENDED VERSION HERE]