Re: [HACKERS] dec alpha/64bit stuff

От Maarten Boekhold
Тема Re: [HACKERS] dec alpha/64bit stuff
Дата
Re: [HACKERS] dec alpha/64bit stuff  (Brett McCormick <brett@work.chicken.org>)
Список pgsql-hackers
> OK, I have an idea.  Contact Marc, scrappy@postgresql.org.  Have him
> give you a login account to postgresql.org.  Use cvs to pull snapshots
> by date.  Compile and run initdb on several dates,  and by process of
> elimination, find out the day that alpha broke.
>
> We can then analyze the patches for that day and find the problem.  I
> assume 6.2.1 worked for you, and that was October 17th.  Go from there
> to the 6.3 release and find the date of failure.
>
> With initdb problems, there is really no good way to debug problems like
> this.

Another suggestion: use a binary search to find the date it broke. Will
save you a lot of time :)

Maarten

| TU Delft, The Netherlands, Faculty of Information Technology and Systems  |
|                   Department of Electrical Engineering                    |
|           Computer Architecture and Digital Technique section             |
|                          M.Boekhold@et.tudelft.nl                         |