Re: [HACKERS] dec alpha/64bit stuff

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: [HACKERS] dec alpha/64bit stuff
Дата
Re: [HACKERS] dec alpha/64bit stuff  (Brett McCormick <brett@work.chicken.org>)
Список pgsql-hackers

> Brett McCormick wrote:
>
> > whew.. after some more debugging, it would appear that the problem
> > lies somewhere in the page stuff, which I know less than nothing
> > about.
> >
> > Here's the point where I'm at: heapam.c line 442 a macro call to
> > HeapTupleSatisfies graps our data for us (the messed up struct), which
> > actually calls the PageGetItem macro for the data.

OK, I have an idea.  Contact Marc, scrappy@postgresql.org.  Have him
give you a login account to postgresql.org.  Use cvs to pull snapshots
by date.  Compile and run initdb on several dates,  and by process of
elimination, find out the day that alpha broke.

We can then analyze the patches for that day and find the problem.  I
assume 6.2.1 worked for you, and that was October 17th.  Go from there
to the 6.3 release and find the date of failure.

With initdb problems, there is really no good way to debug problems like
this.