Re: [HACKERS] Re: your mail

От Roland B. Roberts
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Re: your mail
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

    >> By the way, I have a sugestion I'd like to do about psql:
    >>
    >> It would be a good idea, IMHO, that if psql is called alone
    >> (without database nor any parameter), instead of try to connect
    >> to database 'user' starts interactively without connection.
    >> Then, simple calling "\c dbname" would connect the user to the
    >> desired database.  What you think?  Cheers,

    bm> This seems like a good idea.  Any comments?

I don't mind the current setup, but would like it to not dump me out
if I don't have a database named `roland'.  I tend to give my
databases a name that pertains to what they contain, not who uses
them.

Still, having it attempt to connect to `roland' and then leave me at
the psql prompt with a message like "You are not connected to any
database" would be more friendly....

roland
--
Roland B. Roberts, PhD                  Custom Software Solutions
roberts@panix.com                           101 West 15th St #4NN