Re: [HACKERS] VACUUM ANALYZE problem on linux

От Oleg Broytmann
Тема Re: [HACKERS] VACUUM ANALYZE problem on linux
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Followup to myself...

On Wed, 24 Feb 1999, Oleg Broytmann wrote:
>    I ran postmaster from command line (usually I run it from /etc/init.d/),
> connected to it and ran VACUUM ANALYZE.
>    It worked.
  I tested the following way:

1. Run postmaster without parameters; connect and run VACUUM ANALYZE -
worked.

2. Run postmaster -b -D/usr/local/pgsql/data -o -Fe  and run VACUUM ANALYZE - worked

3. Run postmaster -b -D/usr/local/pgsql/data -o -Fe -S (to detach it)  and run VACUUM ANALYZE - worked
  (I took these parameters from script /etc/init.d/postgres)

4. Run /etc/init.d/postgres start  and run VACUUM ANALYZE - failed, no core file.

Oleg.
----    Oleg Broytmann     http://members.xoom.com/phd2/     phd2@earthling.net          Programmers don't die, they
justGOSUB without RETURN.