Re: [HACKERS] VACUUM ANALYZE problem on linux

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: [HACKERS] VACUUM ANALYZE problem on linux
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Oleg Broytmann <phd@sun.med.ru> writes:
> 3. Run postmaster -b -D/usr/local/pgsql/data -o -Fe -S (to detach it)
>    and run VACUUM ANALYZE - worked
>    (I took these parameters from script /etc/init.d/postgres)
> 4. Run /etc/init.d/postgres start
>    and run VACUUM ANALYZE - failed, no core file.

So there is something different about the environment of your postmaster
when it's started by init.d versus when it's started by hand.  Now you
just have to figure out what.

I thought of environment variables, ulimit settings,
ownership/permission settings ... but it's not clear why any of these
would affect VACUUM in particular yet leave you able to do other stuff
successfully.  Puzzling.