Re: [HACKERS] VACUUM ANALYZE problem on linux

От Oleg Broytmann
Тема Re: [HACKERS] VACUUM ANALYZE problem on linux
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi!

On Wed, 24 Feb 1999, Tom Lane wrote:

> Oleg Broytmann <phd@sun.med.ru> writes:
> >    I have compiled with -g, but postgres didn't produce core. Do I need
> > something special on startup to generate core on crash?
>
> Ordinarily not, but perhaps you have a shell 'limit' setting in place
> that prevents a corefile from being made?  I think csh has such a
  I am using bash all the time.

> setting but I forget the details.  Anyway, if postmaster is started from
> a shell with any limit variables enabled, they will apply to the
> backends too.
  Ok, I'll retest this.

> Or you might just not be looking in the right place.  Backend crashes
> produce corefiles in the database subdirectory, eg,
> /usr/local/pgsql/data/base/MyDatabase/core
  I search with find / -name core. I got /dev/core and
/usr/src/linux/.../core :)

Oleg.
----    Oleg Broytmann     http://members.xoom.com/phd2/     phd2@earthling.net          Programmers don't die, they
justGOSUB without RETURN.

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] VACUUM ANALYZE problem on linux
От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] Problem with complex query