Re: [HACKERS] VACUUM ANALYZE problem on linux

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: [HACKERS] VACUUM ANALYZE problem on linux
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Oleg Broytmann <phd@sun.med.ru> writes:
>    I have compiled with -g, but postgres didn't produce core. Do I need
> something special on startup to generate core on crash?

Ordinarily not, but perhaps you have a shell 'limit' setting in place
that prevents a corefile from being made?  I think csh has such a
setting but I forget the details.  Anyway, if postmaster is started from
a shell with any limit variables enabled, they will apply to the
backends too.

Or you might just not be looking in the right place.  Backend crashes
produce corefiles in the database subdirectory, eg,
/usr/local/pgsql/data/base/MyDatabase/core