Re: multiple postmasters

От David Mehringer
Тема Re: multiple postmasters
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On Wed, 10 Jan 2001, Peter Eisentraut wrote:

> > We're running postgresql 7.0.2 on solaris 5.7.  The admin docs say that only
> > one postmaster process should be running.
>
> The docs are wrong in that case.  Can you name chapter and section so we
> can fix it?

Hi,
Thanks for the quick response.  I was looking around the postgresql website
for info regarding this and came across a sentence about it.  Unfortunately,
I can not find it again.  Will let you know if I come across it in the
future.  The sentence I read may actually have meant that *the
administrator* should not start more than one postmaster process, in which
case I misinterpreted it.

--
David Mehringer, Ph.D.            University of Illinois
dmehring@astro.uiuc.edu           National Center for Supercomputing