Re: Antw: many-many mapping between unique tables

От Indraneel Majumdar
Тема Re: Antw: many-many mapping between unique tables
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
Yeah you understand the problem perfectly. The third table will definitely
contain unique entries if you take both x and y simultaneously. I wanted
some way of mapping where I would not need to repeat individual values of
x and y. I am not from a maths background and have absolutely no idea of
database design.

Is it possible to map the columns without repeating values?

\Indraneel

On Mon, 16 Oct 2000, Gerhard Dieringer wrote:

> I'm not sure if I understand your question. Is it right, that the x(i) are different values
> of an column x in table T1 and the y(i) are different values of an column y in table T2?
> And you want to have a n:m relation between the two tables?
> Then you need a third table T12 with columns x and y, that contains one row for each
> mapping of a x(i) with a y(j).
>
> I hope this helps.
>

> Gerhard

# Indraneel Majumdar                  ¡  E-mail: indraneel@123india.com  #
# Bioinformatics Unit (EMBNET node),  ¡  URL: http://scorpius.iwarp.com  #
# Centre for DNA Fingerprinting and Diagnostics,                         #
# Hyderabad, India - 500076                                              #

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления: