Re: Help with access control settings in pg_hba.conf --

От Victor Danilchenko
Тема Re: Help with access control settings in pg_hba.conf --
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Pre-scriptum:

I solved the problem, but the text message I originally composed is left
intact in case someone else needs it to help debug IDENT problems.

    the solution was in disabling the 'result:encrypt' option
(setting it to 'no') in the /etc/identd.conf file. Once I did that,
IDENT started returning plaintext names instead of encrypted strings,
and clearly PostgreSQL ident client doesn't know how to handle encrypted
IDENT responses. Something to fix in the future release perhaps? or
maybe it's fixed already...

    Old mesage:

    I have been doing some more investigation, and it looks like the
problem is with the malfunctioning identd server. it never returns the
username -- always replies 'USERID : OTHER', even though on clientside,
I can see it deriving the correct userid. I have tested this on multiple
systems and Linux releases, so I think this is something i am doing
wrong...

    On client side:

# identd -b -d
[Pidentd, version 3.0.16 (compiled for Linux 2.4.21-4.ELsmp) - Apr 14 2004 12:14:17]
kernel_thread() started
kernel_thread() started
timeout_thread() started
entering server main loop

request_thread: fd#7: start
timeout_create(120, ...) -> 09f9cb70
handle_request: fd#7: '1926,7666'
remote = xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:7666
local = xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:1926
ka_lookup(), attempt = 1, status = 1
kernel_query, status = 1
        euid = 1028
send_result(7) - ruid = -1, euid = 1028
timeout_reset(09f9cb70, 120)

    On server side:

[root@elsrv4 init.d]# telnet clienthost 113
Escape character is '^]'.
1926,7666
1926, 7666 : USERID : OTHER :[0RPlNgpZPzlJNeS5JzOol2J1fsNGUMd8]

    As I understand it, it's supposed to return the actual userid
instead of 'OTHER'. Any ideas about what's going wrong?..

--
|  Victor  Danilchenko  | If you can keep your head when all about |
| danilche@cs.umass.edu | you people are losing theirs, then you   |

Сообщение: Re: Help with access control settings in pg_hba.conf --
Сообщение: Re: Help with access control settings in pg_hba.conf --