Re: Help with access control settings in pg_hba.conf --

От Victor Danilchenko
Тема Re: Help with access control settings in pg_hba.conf --
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On Thu, 27 Jan 2005, Victor Danilchenko wrote:

>    Hi,
>
>    I am trying to set up a database server with multiple DB
>clusters, so that in each cluster a number of users have their own
>database each, with passwordless access (we can trust the network
>security in our installation). The following is what seems like it
>*should* work:
>
>host    all             all     127.0.0.1       255.255.255.255 password
>host    sameuser        all     xxx.xxx.xxx.0   255.255.255.128 ident sameuser
>host    all             @fac    xxx.xxx.xxx.0   255.255.255.128 trust
>
>    The second line ("host sameuser") is the problem. It doesn't
>work -- when tryign to connect, I keep getting error messages:
>
>$ whoami
>testuser
>$ psql -h db-edlab -p 7666 testuser testuser
>psql: FATAL:  IDENT authentication failed for user "testuser"

    I forgot to mention that yes, I do have identd daemon running on
the connecting system -- from the RHL pidentd RPM.

--
| danilche@cs.umass.edu | I don't have to outrun the bear -- |
|   CSCF   |   5-4231   |     I just have to outrun YOU!     |