Re: trouble with pg_dumpall

От Jeff Frost
Тема Re: trouble with pg_dumpall
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On Wed, 27 Feb 2008, Tena Sakai wrote:

> Hi Jeff,
>
>> I bet the $HOME environment variable isn't
>> being set by your cron implementation.
>> Try putting an echo $HOME in your script and
>> see if it's defined.
>
> I did.  Here's the result:
>
>  +++++++++
>  PGUSER: postgres
>  PGDATABASE: canon
>  PGHOST: localhost
>  PGPASSFILE: /usr/local/pgsql/.pgpass
>  PGDATA: /usr/local/pgsql/data
>  +++++++++
>  HOME: /usr/local/pgsql
>  Password:
>  pg_dumpall: could not connect to database "template1": fe_sendauth: no password supplied

You might need to export the variables and not just set it.  I think you're
doing that with the other variables already, but I didn't see HOME being
exported.  I've never had to explicitly export these on Redhat derivatives,
so I doubt that's the problem.

What does your .pgpass look like?

I couldn't find it in the message archives.

--
Jeff Frost, Owner     <jeff@frostconsultingllc.com>
Frost Consulting, LLC     http://www.frostconsultingllc.com/