Re: trouble with pg_dumpall

От Tena Sakai
Тема Re: trouble with pg_dumpall
Дата
Список pgsql-admin

Hi Jeff,

> I bet the $HOME environment variable isn't
> being set by your cron implementation.
> Try putting an echo $HOME in your script and
> see if it's defined.

I did.  Here's the result:

  +++++++++
  PGUSER: postgres
  PGDATABASE: canon
  PGHOST: localhost
  PGPASSFILE: /usr/local/pgsql/.pgpass
  PGDATA: /usr/local/pgsql/data
  +++++++++
  HOME: /usr/local/pgsql
  Password:
  pg_dumpall: could not connect to database "template1": fe_sendauth: no password supplied

> Is this gentoo perhaps?

It is Redhat Advanced Server 4 on Dell hardware.

Regards,

Tena