Re: tsearch_core patch: permissions and security issues

От Oleg Bartunov
Тема Re: tsearch_core patch: permissions and security issues
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, 14 Jun 2007, Tom Lane wrote:

> Teodor Sigaev <teodor@sigaev.ru> writes:
>> The reason to save SQLish interface to dictionaries is a simplicity of
>> configuration. Snowball's stemmers are useful as is, but ispell dictionary
>> requires some configuration action before using.
>
> Yeah.  I had been wondering about moving the dict_initoption over to the
> configuration entry --- is that sane at all?  It would mean that
> dict_init functions would have to guard themselves against invalid
> options, but they probably ought to do that anyway.  If we did that,
> I think we could have a fixed set of dictionaries without too much
> problem, and focus on just configurations as being user-alterable.

currently, all dictionaries we provide are all template dictionaries,
so users could change only parameters.

But, there are reasons to allow users register new templates and in fact we
know people/projects with application-dependent dictionaries.
How they could dump/reload their dictionaries ?
    Regards,        Oleg
phone: +007(495)939-16-83, +007(495)939-23-83

Сообщение: Re: tsearch_core patch: permissions and security issues
Сообщение: Re: tsearch_core patch: permissions and security issues