Re: tsearch_core patch: permissions and security issues

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: tsearch_core patch: permissions and security issues
Дата
Re: tsearch_core patch: permissions and security issues  (Oleg Bartunov <oleg@sai.msu.su>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Teodor Sigaev <teodor@sigaev.ru> writes:
> The reason to save SQLish interface to dictionaries is a simplicity of
> configuration. Snowball's stemmers are useful as is, but ispell dictionary
> requires some configuration action before using.

Yeah.  I had been wondering about moving the dict_initoption over to the
configuration entry --- is that sane at all?  It would mean that
dict_init functions would have to guard themselves against invalid
options, but they probably ought to do that anyway.  If we did that,
I think we could have a fixed set of dictionaries without too much
problem, and focus on just configurations as being user-alterable.

>>> Next, it took me a while to understand how Mapping objects fit into
>>> the scheme at all, and now that (I think) I understand, I'm wondering
>>> why treat them as an independent concept.

> ALTER FULLTEXT CONFIGURATION cfgname ADD MAPPING FOR tokentypename[, ...] WITH
> dictname1[, ...];
> ALTER FULLTEXT CONFIGURATION cfgname ALTER MAPPING FOR tokentypename[, ...] WITH
> dictname1[, ...];
> ALTER FULLTEXT CONFIGURATION cfgname ALTER MAPPING [FOR tokentypename[, ...]]
>   REPLACE olddictname TO newdictname;
> ALTER FULLTEXT CONFIGURATION cfgname DROP MAPPING [IF EXISTS]  FOR tokentypename;
> Is it looking reasonable?

Er ... what's the difference between the second and third forms?

Сообщение: Re: tsearch_core patch: permissions and security issues
Сообщение: Re: tsearch_core patch: permissions and security issues