Re: Binaries of PGAdmin3 for RHEL5

От Josh
Тема Re: Binaries of PGAdmin3 for RHEL5
Дата
Список pgadmin-support
> Use Fedora 6 RPMs that are at our FTP site. They are working on RHEL 5.
> No need to build a seperate one.

Devrim,

A few things I noticed while perusing these packages.  Let me know if I'm
looking in the wrong place (pgadmin.org download page):

1. The latest binary is 1.6.2; how important are the improvements in   1.6.3?

2. The README states that, "To use pgadmin3 RPM on Fedora Core 6, you will   need to install the wx 2.8.0 packages that
arein wx/ directory. This   *may* break applications that are built against wx 2.6. Use at your own   risk."  Can
someoneinstall later wx packages?

There are a few considerations I used when packaging 1.6.3.  First, in my
obsession with keeping system directories uncluttered, I've compiled (and
will package) wx 2.8.4 and pgadmin 1.6.3 to go under their own directories
under /opt.  So, if there are any wx 2.6 libraries under /usr/lib or
/usr/local/lib, they won't be disturbed.  (In any case, the wx libraries
all have 2.8 in their filenames, so theoretically there shouldn't be any
collisions...)

Cheers,
-J