Re: Binaries of PGAdmin3 for RHEL5

От Devrim GÜNDÜZ
Тема Re: Binaries of PGAdmin3 for RHEL5
Дата
Список pgadmin-support
Hello,

On Tue, 2007-06-12 at 09:37 -0400, Josh wrote:
> . The latest binary is 1.6.2; how important are the improvements in
>     1.6.3?

No, it is 1.6.3:

ftp://ftp.tr.postgresql.org/pub/PostgreSQL/pgadmin3/release/v1.6.3/fedora-core-6

> 2. The README states that, "To use pgadmin3 RPM on Fedora Core 6, you
> will need to install the wx 2.8.0 packages that are in wx/ directory.
> This *may* break applications that are built against wx 2.6. Use at
> your own risk."  Can someone install later wx packages?

ftp://ftp.tr.postgresql.org/pub/PostgreSQL/pgadmin3/release/v1.6.3/fedora-core-6/wx

You may install these ones, and since this has a higher release number,
noone can install the older version (of course, one can remove these and
install fc wx packages)

> There are a few considerations I used when packaging 1.6.3.  First, in
> my  obsession with keeping system directories uncluttered, I've
> compiled (and will package) wx 2.8.4 and pgadmin 1.6.3 to go under
> their own directories under /opt.  So, if there are any wx 2.6
> libraries under /usr/lib or/usr/local/lib, they won't be disturbed.
> (In any case, the wx libraries all have 2.8 in their filenames, so
> theoretically there shouldn't be any collisions...)

Even though it is up to you, I would not do that. I *do* stick packaging
guidelines of Fedora. Also it should not matter whether you install or
not -- wx "RPM" that will go under /opt will conflict with FC "RPM".

Regards,
--
Devrim GÜNDÜZ

Сообщение: Re: Binaries of PGAdmin3 for RHEL5
Сообщение: Re: Binaries of PGAdmin3 for RHEL5