Re: tsearch2 problem rank_cd() (possibly) crashing postgres

От Oleg Bartunov
Тема Re: tsearch2 problem rank_cd() (possibly) crashing postgres
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On Fri, 8 Dec 2006, Rajesh Kumar Mallah wrote:

> On 12/8/06, Oleg Bartunov <oleg@sai.msu.su> wrote:
>> On Fri, 8 Dec 2006, Rajesh Kumar Mallah wrote:
>>
>> > Dear
>> >    Oleg,
>> > In local development server. the old functions still exists in
>> > postgresql catalogs. But probably they are missing in the
>> > newer version of  tsearch2.so that came with 8.2.0 . And hence
>> > postgres is crashing. I feel this should have been informed in the
>> > release notes.
>>
>> yes, you're right. Someone has offered help to write this but then
>> silently dissapeared, so we stay without release notes. Could you
>> summarise your experience and write them and we add them for 8.2.1
>
> Sir,
>
> Dont you feel the incremental features should be available as upgrade
> patches. eg at one point of time i found that the  =  ( ts_vector ,
> ts_vector)
> operator is missing in my database.  later i had to manually create
> the operator by looking at the tsearch2.sql file of later releases.
> this is becuse tsearch2.sql (i think) was not runnable on database
> having older versions of tsearch2.
> yes i would summarise my experience  but lemme know if the above
> is an issue.

some people use separate scheme contrib to load all contrib stuff,
so upgrading is much easy.

> also do i need to change my application code ?
> (becoz the older function is not available)

from my understanding, the only function missed is the

-CREATE FUNCTION rank_cd(int4, tsvector, tsquery)
-CREATE FUNCTION rank_cd(int4, tsvector, tsquery, int4)

you need to change your application to use rank_cd()
as it described in reference manual.

-CREATE FUNCTION snb_ru_init(internal)

changed to

+CREATE FUNCTION snb_ru_init_koi8(internal)
+CREATE FUNCTION snb_ru_init_utf8(internal)

since we now support multibyte encoding (UTF-8 as well)

> Warm Regds
> Mallah.
>

>> Oleg

     Regards,
         Oleg
phone: +007(495)939-16-83, +007(495)939-23-83

Сообщение: Re: tsearch2 problem rank_cd() (possibly) crashing postgres
Сообщение: Re: tsearch2 problem rank_cd() (possibly) crashing postgres