Re: tsearch2 problem rank_cd() (possibly) crashing postgres

От Rajesh Kumar Mallah
Тема Re: tsearch2 problem rank_cd() (possibly) crashing postgres
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On 12/8/06, Oleg Bartunov <oleg@sai.msu.su> wrote:
> On Fri, 8 Dec 2006, Rajesh Kumar Mallah wrote:
>
> > Dear
> >    Oleg,
> > In local development server. the old functions still exists in
> > postgresql catalogs. But probably they are missing in the
> > newer version of  tsearch2.so that came with 8.2.0 . And hence
> > postgres is crashing. I feel this should have been informed in the
> > release notes.
>
> yes, you're right. Someone has offered help to write this but then
> silently dissapeared, so we stay without release notes. Could you
> summarise your experience and write them and we add them for 8.2.1

Sir,

Dont you feel the incremental features should be available as upgrade
patches. eg at one point of time i found that the  =  ( ts_vector , ts_vector)
operator is missing in my database.  later i had to manually create
the operator by looking at the tsearch2.sql file of later releases.
this is becuse tsearch2.sql (i think) was not runnable on database
having older versions of tsearch2.
yes i would summarise my experience  but lemme know if the above
is an issue.

also do i need to change my application code ?
(becoz the older function is not available)

Warm Regds
Mallah.

> Oleg

Сообщение: Re: tsearch2 problem rank_cd() (possibly) crashing postgres
Сообщение: Re: tsearch2 problem rank_cd() (possibly) crashing postgres