CRM/Sales Management Software For PostgreSQL

От Rich Shepard
Тема CRM/Sales Management Software For PostgreSQL
Дата
Список pgsql-general
   I've been searching for sales/customer management software I can use in my
small business _and_ which can use postgres as the database back end. I don't
understand why this has been an essentially futile search; almost everyone
puts something out that is hard wired for MySQL.

   I've just discovered CentricCRM, but know nothing about it other than it
uses postgres. I like what little I've seen of Xrms, but they're still too
far away from supporting postgres (but I've translated field names from mixed
case to lower case in some files to help out the developers). SugarCRM (and
it's shadow, vTiger) require MySQL; the former has so much eye candy my teeth
ache just looking at it. The latter two seem to put more emphasis on form
than function.

   There must be something useful out there of which I am completely unaware.
I've been using postgres for about nine years now and have no desire -- or
need -- to install a second dbms for a single application. Nor do I want the
hassles of learning and maintaining a second application. I'm not
particularly fond of BUIs (Browser User Interfaces), but I've come to
reluctantly accept them. I'd greatly appreciate some pointers to a tool I can
use to help me quickly rebuild my business in a new area.

TIA,

Rich

--
Richard B. Shepard, Ph.D.             |  The Environmental Permitting
Applied Ecosystem Services, Inc.(TM)  |          Accelerator