Advocacy generation for Postgrsql

От Michael Dean
Тема Advocacy generation for Postgrsql
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Greetings, I am Michael Dean,

At the suggestion of some of the guys in the Postgresql-advocacy
community, I am starting to compile some important lists, which I hope
to make more exhaustive than currently available. From those lists, I
expect to generate some definite new outcomes for the Postgresql
community. Hopefully, you might help by providing any relevant
information you have at your disposal for these lists, and marketing
materials.

These lists are:

   1.

      Open Source ISP's who currently don't support client databases in
      Postgresql, or offer back end support, but who might be helped to
      do so with some minimal collaboration. 1-to-1 anybody?  Along
      these lines, we are interested in providing ready-made stacks
      entitled LAPP or BAPP for folks who need to be co-located.

   2.

      Really great community-based open source applications that fully
      support Postgresql, such as opencrx.org and bitweaver.org. This
      will help to enlarge our community.

   3.

      Really great community-based open source applications that DO NOT
      support Postgresql, or that are biased toward another commercial
      or open source database. It is Important these applications be
      open to upgrading to Postgresql but may need some technical help
      to do so. Examples: ispconfig.org and LAMS.

   4.

      Lists of published (online or print) articles or mentions of the
      use of Postgresql in government agencies, schools, nonprofits, and
      profit making companies worldwide. Yes, we know about the recent
      highlighting of Postgresql as an upgrade from mysql in Infoworld.

In addition, if anyone has any blurbs, comments, jokes, chapters of
books, white papers, success stories, marketing collateral materials, or
any non-published documents you want to share, send them in. Caveat: I
intend to compile and publish everything I receive under the creative
commons license (which in my mind is most synchronous to the BSD
license), so if you want to retain a proprietary copyright on your
material, don't send it.  Also, if you wish your comments or materials
to be anonymous, please tell me so.  My preference is the academic
standard of maximizing credits for submissions.

My intended outcomes: create exceptional marketing collateral materials
for Postgresql; get 10 major projects to support Postgresql in their
applications; create 5 detailed success stories related to TCO and ROI
by implementing Postgresql; publish exhaustive compilations.

If you have ANY suggestions that dovetail with these ideas, please let
me know.  I am just one person with some initial zeal for a great database

Please send everything offlist to: mdean@sourceview.com