Access Problem After Version Upgrade

От Rich Shepard
Тема Access Problem After Version Upgrade
Дата
Re: Access Problem After Version Upgrade -- Update  (Rich Shepard <rshepard@appl-ecosys.com>)
Re: Access Problem After Version Upgrade  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
Список pgsql-general
   Last week I upgraded from -7.4.3 to -8.1.2. I had some problems moving data
because of both my ignorance of the proper syntax and the move from
/usr/local/pgsql to /var/lib/pgsql. Now I cannot access the server:

[rshepard@salmo ~]$ psql -l
psql: could not connect to server: Permission denied

   This also prevents me from logging in to SQL-Ledger and other applications.
Now, I don't know that the server is accepting connections, but
srwxr-xr-x  1 root root 0 2006-01-21 14:53 /tmp/.s.PGSQL.5432=
exists as a socket.

   What do I do to trace the source of this problem and fix it?

TIA,

Rich

--
Richard B. Shepard, Ph.D.               |   Author of "Quantifying Environmental
Applied Ecosystem Services, Inc. (TM)   |  Impact Assessments Using Fuzzy Logic"