Re: Access Problem After Version Upgrade -- Update

От Rich Shepard
Тема Re: Access Problem After Version Upgrade -- Update
Дата
Re: Access Problem After Version Upgrade -- FIXED  (Rich Shepard <rshepard@appl-ecosys.com>)
Список pgsql-general
On Thu, 26 Jan 2006, Rich Shepard wrote:

> psql: could not connect to server: Permission denied

>  What do I do to trace the source of this problem and fix it?

   Some progress to report. A Google search found a reply from Tom Lane last
month to someone reporting the same error. I changed permissions on the
socket to make them world writable, and that fixed one problem:

[rshepard@salmo ~]$ psql -l
           List of databases
     Name     |   Owner    | Encoding
-------------+------------+-----------
  aesi        | sql-ledger | LATIN1
  eiabusiness | rshepard   | SQL_ASCII
  postgres    | postgres   | SQL_ASCII
  template0   | postgres   | SQL_ASCII
  template1   | postgres   | SQL_ASCII
  test        | postgres   | SQL_ASCII
  webcollab   | rshepard   | SQL_ASCII
(7 rows)

   So, now I can see the tables in the various databases, but SQL-Ledger still
cannot:

Internal Server Error
to complete your request.

   How do I get this fixed, please?

Rich

--
Richard B. Shepard, Ph.D.               |   Author of "Quantifying Environmental
Applied Ecosystem Services, Inc. (TM)   |  Impact Assessments Using Fuzzy Logic"