Re: Access Problem After Version Upgrade

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Access Problem After Version Upgrade
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Rich Shepard <rshepard@appl-ecosys.com> writes:
> Now, I don't know that the server is accepting connections, but
> srwxr-xr-x  1 root root 0 2006-01-21 14:53 /tmp/.s.PGSQL.5432=
> exists as a socket.

>    What do I do to trace the source of this problem and fix it?

That's got the wrong ownership (should be postgres not root) and
the wrong permissions (should be world-writable).  Did somebody
do something silly like chown everything in /tmp?

You could manually fix the socket file's ownership and permissions,
or just remove it and restart the postmaster.