Re: Schema comparison tool

От Rich Shepard
Тема Re: Schema comparison tool
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Wed, 16 Feb 2005, Ian Harding wrote:

> I keep scripts for drop/creation or replacement of each type of object,

> I'm looking specifically for a tool to help compare 2 database schemas
> (nominally, production and development) and generate the appropriate SQL

> (that can be later executed) to bring the to schema's into sync.

Jeff,

   Check out subversion, the replacement for cvs. You can keep your schemas
in the repository, modify and compare, merge changes to the head and all
sorts of fun things. Subversion is also for documents.

   Here're the docs: <http://svnbook.red-bean.com/> and here are the sources:
<http://subversion.tigris.org/>.

Have fun,

Rich