Re: pgsql-server: Add ALTER INDEX, particularly for

От Gavin Sherry
Тема Re: pgsql-server: Add ALTER INDEX, particularly for
Дата
Список pgsql-committers
Umm... oops.

On Sat, 21 Aug 2004, Tom Lane wrote:

> momjian@svr1.postgresql.org (Bruce Momjian) writes:
> > Add ALTER INDEX, particularly for moving tablespaces.
>
> This patch is a perfect example of why unreviewed patches should not
> go in during beta.
>
> So far I have noticed the following problems with it:
>
> * Added reference page wasn't linked into the docs build.
>
> * Added a field to struct AlterTableStmt, but did not do the necessary
>   housekeeping for extending a Node (eg, copyfuncs and equalfuncs
>   adjustments), nor make sure the field is validly set in every place
>   an AlterTableStmt is constructed.
>
> * ALTER INDEX RENAME doesn't actually work.
>
> regression=# alter index foo_pkey rename to zzz;
> ERROR:  unrecognized rename stmt type: 9

Thanks for spotting this sloppy work. Basically, I cropped my diff because
there was lots of unrelated code in the work space. But I was a little too
hard and culled allfiles.sgml, alter.c, equal/copyfuncs.c and analyze.c.
BUT I should have tested the patch on a fresh checkout, especially since
someone else noticed the tab-completition naming thing. Sorry.

I was getting together a patch against HEAD but I just noticed that you
fixed this. Thanks.

Gavin