Re: 7.4 beta binaries

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: 7.4 beta binaries
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Shridhar Daithankar writes:

> Can anybody tell me what flags etc. are to be used. I have a slackware 9.0
> installation with most of the developer tools I believe. I can give it a shot.

When you configure, enable everything:

--enable-nls --enable-thread-safety --with-tcl --with-perl --with-python
--with-java --with-krb5 --with-pam --with-openssl

Use --prefix=/usr.  That should get all the paths right.  (There may be
room for refinement, but not FHS lawyer can argue against what
--prefix=/usr gives you.)

Add optimizing CFLAGS according to local custom.

When you install, run something like

make install DESTDIR=/tmp/foo

This will give you a fake-root installation under /tmp/foo that you can
archive without having to affect your running system.

If the Slackware package system does not strip binaries automatically, use
make install-strip instead of make install.

Call make install-all-headers.

Make sure ldconfig is called somewhere.

Use /var/lib/postgresql/data as the data dir.

Then you need to figure out how to start the server at boot time.  Use
contrib/start-scripts/linux as a start.

And finally, if you find something that local custom dictates but is not
easily supported by the standard distribution, let us know.

--
Peter Eisentraut   peter_e@gmx.net