Re: 7.4 beta binaries

От Shridhar Daithankar
Тема Re: 7.4 beta binaries
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 6 Aug 2003 at 9:51, Peter Eisentraut wrote:

> Shridhar Daithankar writes:
>
> > Can anybody tell me what flags etc. are to be used. I have a slackware 9.0
> > installation with most of the developer tools I believe. I can give it a shot.
>
> When you configure, enable everything:
>
> --enable-nls --enable-thread-safety --with-tcl --with-perl --with-python
> --with-java --with-krb5 --with-pam --with-openssl

Well thanks for all the hints. That was a real nice HOWTO. I will see if I can
build that. I am worrid about java part of it. No java on my machine. But will
work that out.

> Use --prefix=/usr.  That should get all the paths right.  (There may be
> room for refinement, but not FHS lawyer can argue against what
> --prefix=/usr gives you.)
>
> Add optimizing CFLAGS according to local custom.

I think O2 is enough.

> If the Slackware package system does not strip binaries automatically, use
> make install-strip instead of make install.

It does. Anyway I will be using checkinstall. It will give a single postgresql
package. I am not going to make effort of splitting it all along. Personally I
find it useful to have everything installed.
> Call make install-all-headers.
>
> Make sure ldconfig is called somewhere.
>
> Use /var/lib/postgresql/data as the data dir.
>
> Then you need to figure out how to start the server at boot time.  Use
> contrib/start-scripts/linux as a start.

OK. Will check that..

> And finally, if you find something that local custom dictates but is not
> easily supported by the standard distribution, let us know.

Will keep it updated..

ByeShridhar

--
O'Toole's commentary on Murphy's Law:    Murphy was an optimist.