Re: Writing apps for ORDBMS

От Aurangzeb M. Agha
Тема Re: Writing apps for ORDBMS
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Elein --

Do you have plans to have your work in progress focus on a specific
database like PostgreSQL or are you shooting for a generic approach of
ORDBMS App writing?

I'm curious to know because I can find very little out there on the
subject.

I am _not_ a DB guru, but I have recently put together a very large-scale
app and web portal that uses PostgreSQL in the back-end.  However, as
stated in my original post, I do not use any of the object-side
capabilities of the DB.

The question that hit me was, why?  But before I start down this road, I'd
like to explore any existing info on the subject; in my case, as it
specifically relates to PostgreSQL.

I'd be more than willing to (eventually) write a paper on the topic, but
I'm basically starting from ground-zero and need to know where to start.

Thanks for the tip on "The Plumber's Guide".

    Rgs,
    Aurangzeb