Re: Writing apps for ORDBMS

От elein
Тема Re: Writing apps for ORDBMS
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Oh, yes, there is controversy.  I have Date&Darwen's rants as
well as Stonebraker's.  And I have found that sometimes practicality
overrides all arguments.  I hope to take this practical slant in the book.

But in the interest of disclosure, I've worked for three
(or two, depending on how you count) Stonebraker companies, ingres,
illustra and informix.  For anyone who didn't already know, Michael
Stonebraker was one of the professors  running the ingres project and
the main one running postgres at UCBerkeley.  He co-founded Ingres
(aka Relational Technology) and Illustra (which was acquired by Informix).

elein@varlena.com

elein@varlena.com     Database Consulting     www.varlena.com