Compiling PHP with Postgres support problem

От Jean-Christian Imbeault
Тема Compiling PHP with Postgres support problem
Дата
Список pgsql-general
I am trying to compile PHP with the --with-pgsql flag but I get the
following error:

"configure: error: Cannot find libpq-fe.h. Please specify correct
PostgreSQL installation path"

I do not have Postgres installed on this machine. The DB is on another
machine.

What do I need to do in order to get PHP to compile with Postgres
support? I am hoping I just need to copy some header file over and
somehow point PHP ./configure script to it?

I don't want to install Postgres on this machine at all if possible. I
don't even want to install it and then remove it ... if possible :)

Can anyone tell me:

1- Which files are needed
2- where to find the necessary files and where to put them
3- after PHP compilation can I remove the files or do they need to stay
on the machine?

Thanks,

Jc