Re: Upgrading from 7.2 to 7.4.1 on Redhat 7

От Sam Barnett-Cormack
Тема Re: Upgrading from 7.2 to 7.4.1 on Redhat 7
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On Wed, 11 Feb 2004, Jeremy Smith wrote:

> Thanks Lamar
>
> I will try that link later, for some reason it's not coming up now.  I tried
> one of the FTPs off of the postgresql.org site, and the folder for 7.4.1 and
> Redhat 7.3 was empty.
>
> Btw, I have removed my RPM installation of 7.4.0, and my failed attempt at
> installing 7.4.1 and am now left with a working version of 7.3.3.  I am
> almost tempted to just go ahead and use this verion and give up on all the
> installing and uninstalling.  Is there alot I would be missing out on by not
> having 7.4.1?  I plan on leasing a new server in June that would likely have
> Red Hat Enterprise on it, and hopefully it would either have an up to date
> version of postgrese, or no version at all for a clean installation.  I have
> so much work to do on my site that I hate spending valuable time on this..

7.4 generally is vastly superior to 7.3 in many ways. I don't know the
differences between 7.4 and 7.4.1 apart from how useful autovacuum is.

Sam Barnett-Cormack
Software Developer                           |  Student of Physics & Maths
UK Mirror Service (http://www.mirror.ac.uk)  |  Lancaster University

Сообщение: Re: Upgrading from 7.2 to 7.4.1 on Redhat 7
Сообщение: Re: Upgrading from 7.2 to 7.4.1 on Redhat 7