Re: Need Urgent Help in case of postgres Database Crash.

От Sam Barnett-Cormack
Тема Re: Need Urgent Help in case of postgres Database Crash.
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On Mon, 6 Oct 2003, Somasekhar Bangalore wrote:

> Hi ,
>
> I am setting up a postgres 7.3 database for a big client.I don't want to lose any data in case of database crash or
hardwarefailure . I need help in

> 1. Steps needed to setup the postgres database  , is it posssible for me to write data on to two different disks. if
sohow?

For data redundancy, I reccomend RAID level 0 or 5 - 5 is vastly
superior, if you can afford it.

> 2. Steps needed  to recover the data in case of database crash or hardware crash.

Keep regular backups with pg_dump

--

Sam Barnett-Cormack
Software Developer                           |  Student of Physics & Maths