Need Urgent Help in case of postgres Database Crash.

От Somasekhar Bangalore
Тема Need Urgent Help in case of postgres Database Crash.
Дата
Re: Need Urgent Help in case of postgres Database Crash.
Список pgsql-admin
Hi ,

I am setting up a postgres 7.3 database for a big client.I don't want to lose any data in case of database crash or
hardwarefailure . I need help in

1. Steps needed to setup the postgres database  , is it posssible for me to write data on to two different disks. if so
how?

2. Steps needed  to recover the data in case of database crash or hardware crash.

I would appreciate if some could help me out on these issues. Thanks in advance

Somasekhar Bangalore
Principle Software Engineer

ZenSutra Software Technologies Pvt. Ltd.
Suite 601, HM Geneva House
#14, Cunningham Road
Bangalore 560-052, India