Re: Call for 7.5 feature completion

От Dennis Bjorklund
Тема Re: Call for 7.5 feature completion
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, 25 Aug 2005, Josh Berkus wrote:

> >     SavePoints be able to use within functions.  ( I think this involves
> > making procedures that execute outside of a transaction)
>
> Nope, supported in 8.0 for PL/pgSQL.  Not sure about other languages.

You can't use savepoints, you can trap errors which is implemented using
savepoints. You still might want to write code like this:

BEGIN

SAVEPOINT foo;

IF SOME_ERROR_CODE = 1234 THEN  ROLLBACK TO SAVEPOINT foo;
END

You can write code like this if you issue each command from the client,
say using libpq, but not in pl/pgsql.

--
/Dennis Björklund