Re: Call for 7.5 feature completion

От Josh Berkus
Тема Re: Call for 7.5 feature completion
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Nicholas,

You are a novice user, aren't you?  ;-)

> I am just a novice end user, but I would like to see:
>     SavePoints be able to use within functions.  ( I think this involves
> making procedures that execute outside of a transaction)

Nope, supported in 8.0 for PL/pgSQL.  Not sure about other languages.

>     Cross Database references.  (Available through dblink, but it would
> be better if it was supported natively)

You'll have to argue this one.  We don't have them on purpose.  Generally when
people want "cross-database queries" the problem is that they really should
be using schema.

>     The ability to say create function foo () returns setof record(int,
> int , int).  I believe this is coming in the next release though.

Well, we've had this for 3 versions as CREATE TYPE ... CREATE FUNCTION.  INOUT
parameters in 8.1 will give you the above, effectively.

--
Josh Berkus
Aglio Database Solutions