Re: [HACKERS] Implementation of SQLCODE and SQLERRM

От Pavel Stehule
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Implementation of SQLCODE and SQLERRM
Дата
Список pgsql-patches
On Tue, 19 Apr 2005, Tom Lane wrote:

> > Guys, is this patch ready for application?  I think so, but am not 100%
> > sure.
>
> I haven't read the code yet, but in any case I still object to choosing
> Oracle-like names for Oracle-incompatible functionality.  We need to
> settle on better names.

I changed names on SQLSTATE and SQLERRM. The behave our SQLSTATE and db2
SQLSTATE is very similar. But Oracle support SQLSTATE too (in ANSI mode).
Only Oracle support SQLERRM.

http://developer.mimer.com/howto/howto_25.htm

SQLSTATE, a 5-character return value specified by the SQL standard,
replaced SQLCODE years ago (SQL-92?). Perhaps both Oracle and DB2/2
have support for it.

But I didn't find good informations about error trapping in ANSI SQL. All
informations are about Oracle or DB2 :-(.

Best Regards
Pavel Stehule