Re: pg_ctl won't start postgres, but postmaster will?!

От Yuji Shinozaki
Тема Re: pg_ctl won't start postgres, but postmaster will?!
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On Mon, 25 Aug 2003, Steve Santacroce wrote:

> Sorry, forgot to write that. It was in the line. The wierd thing is that I
> can type:
> /usr/local/bin/pg_ctl -D /pgdata -l /var/log/pgsql start
>
> and it will start, but if I use:
>
> su -l pgsql -c exec "/usr/local/bin/pg_ctl -D /pgdata -l /var/log/pgsql
> start"
>
> it doesn't work! And I'm still confused as to why the script doesn't work.

Terse answer: Do not use quotes in your exec statement.

yuji
----
Yuji Shinozaki                            Computer Systems Senior Engineer
ys2n@virginia.edu            Advanced Technologies Group
(434)924-7171                Information Technology & Communication
http://www.people.virginia.edu/~ys2n    University of Virginia