Re: Can the frontend get notifications from the postgres

От A.Bhuvaneswaran
Тема Re: Can the frontend get notifications from the postgres
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
> yes.
> simply execute LISTEN <eventname>; on the one side and then
> an NOTIFY <eventname> on the other side. on the next query
> you'll see the notify. (you can easily try it w/ pgsql)
>
> but i currently dont know, if you can receive notifies in php ...
> that's what i'm really interested in ...

LISTEN/NOTIFY is yet another SQL. We can write a rule on an event and let
it notify. On the other hand, we can have a while(1) process which keeps
listening for that notification ie.. event. Once the event is occured, the
listening process would be notified. The listening process can be any
postgresql client including the one written in C, perl, php, etc.

regards,
bhuvaneswaran

Сообщение: Re: Can the frontend get notifications from the postgres server?
Сообщение: Re: Can the frontend get notifications from the postgres server?