Re: Can the frontend get notifications from the postgres server?

От weigelt@metux.de
Тема Re: Can the frontend get notifications from the postgres server?
Дата
Re: Can the frontend get notifications from the postgres  ("A.Bhuvaneswaran" <bhuvan@symonds.net>)
Re: Can the frontend get notifications from the postgres server?  (Jonathan Gardner <jgardner@jonathangardner.net>)
Список pgsql-admin
On Tue, Jun 17, 2003 at 12:07:31PM +0530, A.Bhuvaneswaran wrote:

<snip>
> LISTEN/NOTIFY is yet another SQL. We can write a rule on an event and let
> it notify. On the other hand, we can have a while(1) process which keeps
> listening for that notification ie.. event. Once the event is occured, the
> listening process would be notified. The listening process can be any
> postgresql client including the one written in C, perl, php, etc.
But the problem still is: how to receive the NOTIFY from an php script ?
which function of the c-client lib can be used for this ?

cu
 Enrico Weigelt    ==   metux ITS
 Webhosting ab 5 EUR/Monat.          UUCP, rawIP und vieles mehr.

 fax:       +49 36207 519932         email:     contact@metux.de
 cellphone: +49 174 7066481         smsgate:   sms.weigelt@metux.de
 Diese Mail wurde mit UUCP versandt.      http://www.metux.de/uucp/

От: "A.Bhuvaneswaran"
Сообщение: Re: Can the frontend get notifications from the postgres
От: "scott.marlowe"
Сообщение: Re: Can the frontend get notifications from the postgres