Re: Upgrading from 7.2 to 7.4.1 on Redhat 7

От scott.marlowe
Тема Re: Upgrading from 7.2 to 7.4.1 on Redhat 7
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On Thu, 12 Feb 2004, Jeremy Smith wrote:

> Scott,
>
> I kept plugging away at it and I now have 7.4.0 installed, and I'm very
> happy about it :)
>
> There were a couple of mistakes that I made, one was in not looking at the
> order that I was removing the 7.3.3 RPMs.  When I would try to remove the
> wrong one, it would tell me that I couldn't remove it because there were
> certain files that other RPMs were dependant upon.  Once I removed those
> files, and went back to remove the original, it worked.  Once I had 7.3.3
> removed, installing 7.4.0 was pretty easy since I realized that the order of
> my installation of the different files was important.  Sorry if I cluttered
> up the list for the last few days with lots of RPM related problems, but I
> finally have the whole system figured out to the point that I can at least
> get by.

Hey, that's why the lists are here.  FYI, if you have more than one RPM
to remove and they're all interdependent, you can just list them all at
once for removal:

rpm -e unixODBC-devel-2.2.5-9 unixODBC-2.2.5-9 unixODBC-kde-2.2.5-9

so that if the devel and kde ones are dependent on the main one, they all
just go away at once.