Re: Drop support for jdk 1.1, 1.2 ?

От Kris Jurka
Тема Re: Drop support for jdk 1.1, 1.2 ?
Дата
Re: Drop support for jdk 1.1, 1.2 ?  (Oliver Jowett <oliver@opencloud.com>)
Список pgsql-jdbc

On 29 Dec 2003, Dave Cramer wrote:

> As we are going to be moving to gborg, it is an opportunity to do some
> reorganization, one way of simplifying the driver is to drop support for
> some old jvm's.
>
> Is this a problem for anyone?

This is more of a general user survey for how the driver is used and
developed.  With the upcoming physical move of the driver source code to
http://gborg.postgresql.org/ from the main project's cvs repository we
were wondering if there are other changes that should be made?  For
example:

What JVMs does the latest version of the driver need to support?  Are you
likely to upgrade your 7.1 database to 7.4 without upgrading the JVM at
the same time?

What server versions does the latest version of the driver need to
support?  Are you using a driver from a new server against an older one to
get some of the fixes/features or do you just download/build the driver
for the server version you are on?

What features are you sorely in need of that are either unimplemented or
don't work as advertised?

What parts of the documentation are poor or missing?

Kris Jurka

Сообщение: Re: getBinaryStream/setBinaryStream 7.2<->7.4 Question
Сообщение: Re: getBinaryStream/setBinaryStream 7.2<->7.4 Question