Re: Drop support for jdk 1.1, 1.2 ?

От Nikola Milutinovic
Тема Re: Drop support for jdk 1.1, 1.2 ?
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
Kris Jurka wrote:

> On 29 Dec 2003, Dave Cramer wrote:
>

>>As we are going to be moving to gborg, it is an opportunity to do some
>>reorganization, one way of simplifying the driver is to drop support for
>>some old jvm's.
>>
>>Is this a problem for anyone?
>

> This is more of a general user survey for how the driver is used and
> developed.  With the upcoming physical move of the driver source code to
> http://gborg.postgresql.org/ from the main project's cvs repository we
> were wondering if there are other changes that should be made?  For
> example:
>
> What JVMs does the latest version of the driver need to support?  Are you
> likely to upgrade your 7.1 database to 7.4 without upgrading the JVM at
> the same time?
>
> What server versions does the latest version of the driver need to
> support?  Are you using a driver from a new server against an older one to
> get some of the fixes/features or do you just download/build the driver
> for the server version you are on?
>
> What features are you sorely in need of that are either unimplemented or
> don't work as advertised?

What happened to the report that 7_3 branch, possibly 7_4 were not thread-safe?
One user reported concurency problems when using from Tomcat and even submitted
a patch. Apparently, instance variables were used in the org.postgresql.Driver
class.

Nix.

Сообщение: Re: Multi-threaded servlet environment
Сообщение: Re: Multi-threaded servlet environment